Adds Dynamic FAQS to your vanilla.
FAQS for your vanilla Forum.
This plugin requires Custom Pages plugin. Do not upload this as a plugin, read the tutorial here
This great little set of scripts helps you create your very own FAQ section for your vanilla forum.
1. to start you need to download and upload CustomPages upload it to your plugins folder
2. from our download package, upload the faqs.php page to your CustomPages > pages folder.
3. in your themes folder > your theme name > create a folder called faqs.
4. upload our plugin ( all files in Faqs folder you downloaded to faqs using ftp )
5. First to edit is answers.php , look at the file and change my-forum-theme-name to your forum theme name, so if you use default change to default.
6. now go back to CustomPages folder, and in the pages folder, edit faqs.php
7. change all instances of 'my-forum-theme-name' to your forums theme name, so if it is default change it to default.
Save all changes.
Now in dashboard , click on Routes in left hand menu under Settings My Control Panel.
Click [Add Route] button.
Add this info...
Route Expresion = faqs
Target = plugin/page/faqs
Type = internal
Last Part is now adding the menu item.
Goto themes > your theme > views and open default-master.php
find this line
$this->Menu->AddLink('Activity', T('Activity'), '/activity');
right after it add:
$this->Menu->AddLink('Faqs', T('Faqs'), '/faqs');
Thats it you are done. You can now begin adding FAQS to you answers.php file.