Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

closed/sink discussion viewable only by login users.

edited September 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Would it be possible to set the closed and/or sink discussion so that only users that are logged in can see them? Is there an option I missed or would I need to write my own addon?

Thanks.

Comments

• Normally sink/close is only for admin.

Check the roles/permission.
  • Ah, did not explain myself clearly. I want logged in users to be able to view closed discussions but anonymous users would not see them. Only admins will be able to close discussions.

Sorry for the confusion.
  • Then I'd say it's addon area.

Currently permissions are linked per category, not status of discussions.
  • Hi,

On a totally different note, I am stuck at http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/9983/Moving-Panel-Outside-Body/#Item_3. Can you guys please help. :S
    Sorry a total noob.
  • @khuram: thread high jacking is just plain rude. Please don't do it.
  • @bean I was afraid you'd say that... Time to look at how to code addons.
  • edited September 2009
    Ummm knowing but not helping someone is rude as well. You could always say sorry and move on.
  • @khuram you seem pretty rude, not a good way of getting help. Don't thread hijack for a start and what makes you think he knows anyway. You have some odd sense of whos in the "right" as he is not going to say sorry as it was you who posted in the thread.
  • @Immersion Cool. I'll leave you guys to score points. I got my forum to work anyhow. Btw, I said sorry myself in my original post saying that I do not seek attension. But just want some help with my problems. I got things working. Thanks for your patience.