Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

IP Ban/Site Ban

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
There is someone who is abusing my forum by creating multiple accounts and posting over and over the same things. Is there a way to ban his ip address? Is there a way to ban certain words that he continually posts (e.g. his url)? Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What version of Vanilla are you using?

IP Banning can be very ineffective, so we haven't implemented it as a core feature. If you know his IP address, you can always just hard-code ban him by adding some code to one of your core Vanilla files.
  • Options
    Excellent idea. I know how to perform an IP ban via .htaccess, but I don't think I know his IP. Is there a way to determine a poster's IP address? I'm using 1.1.8.
  • Options
    Settings > Application Settings > Forum Options > Log & monitor all IP addresses

This addon is also a godsend for me: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/10/IP-History