Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Icons get distorted in vanilla implaned in elgg site

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
it shows only small portion of a large icon.

Thats how It's look like:

image original icon
image distorted icon

sorry for my english
yoram

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Is this in Vanilla 2? When you upload your profile pic, you need to use "Edit My Thumbnail" to determine what part of it will become the thumbnail version shown in discussions. This option doesn't work in Internet Explorer as far as I can tell.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    If it's Vanilla 1, I think we used to just use css to center your image and then only show 32px by 32px of it. It essentially crops your picture using css. It was just a shortcoming of the app.
  • edited October 2009
    It is vanilla 1.1.7 . I can't upgrade otherwise it will cause problems to my Elgg site.
    I tried to tweak the css in the usericon code (gave high values to the padding - the image got larger and I could see all of it, like in the sample above, but I couldnt shrink it.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I don't know if you can actually shrink it using CSS - I'm not a CSS guru by any means...
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I guess you could change the html to use an image tag and force it down with height & width definitions.