Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2 installation error

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am trying to install Vanilla 2 on my server but after putting in all the info (database server/user etc.) and proceeding, I get this error message:

Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();

CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'db49316'@'72.47.224.16' for table 'GDN_vw_SingleRoleUser'
create or replace view GDN_vw_SingleRoleUser as
select UserID
from GDN_UserRole UserRole
group by UserID
having count(RoleID) = 1

The error occurred on or near: /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/library/database/class.database.php
139: }
140:
141: if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) {
142: $Error = $this->Connection()->errorInfo();
143: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($Error[2], $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
144: }
145:
146: $Result = TRUE;
147: // Did this query modify data in any way?
Backtrace:
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/library/core/functions.error.php:126] PHP::include();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/library/core/functions.error.php:126] PHP::ErrorHandler();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/library/database/class.database.php:143] PHP::trigger_error();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/library/database/class.mysql.structure.php:140] Gdn_Database->Query();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/applications/garden/settings/structure.php:268] Gdn_MySQLStructure->View();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/applications/garden/controllers/gardensetup.php:166] PHP::include();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/applications/garden/controllers/gardensetup.php:55] GardenSetupController->Configure();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:222] GardenSetupController->Index();
[/nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49316/domains/sebastiandadal.com/html/garden/index.php:43] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

Can anybody help? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Your MySQL user doesn't have the necessary permissions. You need to talk to your host about creating a user with "CREATE VIEW" permissions (really it should probably have all structure-related permissions).
  • Options
    Turns out I can't get these permissions on Media Temple's Grid Service. Not good.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @sebastion are you using the latest code? That error is creating a view and Vanilla 2 hasn't had views for a long time.

I've been able to successfully install Vanilla 2 on Media Temple's Grid Service.
  • Options
    Thanks, Todd. Apparently the ZIP that I downloaded contained files from June... downloaded the TAR with the latest code and, voila! It worked.