HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sphinx Search Support

edited October 2009 in Feedback
What are the chance of getting Sphinx Search support in Garden/V2 in the future. I've personally used it on my PhpBB install, and the results were outstanding.

http://www.sphinxsearch.com/
Tagged:

Comments

• I also use it on my invision power board ... amazing results
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    The search system is meant to be pluggable so it's very possible. If anyone wants to give it a shot I can give a hand.
  • yeh i would love some help, sphinx look like a great search solution, espcially in terms of speed.
  • agree, looks interesting!
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited October 2009
    Bookmarked this discussion for future ref - definitely keen to make the best search possible; my site staff is very adamant about it.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @DeadlyCreampuff @TerminalAddict Are you using custom plugins on your boards? Would you mind sharing them? I'm looking at forking a plugin for this off of one I found for Wordpress but seeing how it's been integrated with other forums would be helpful.

• @Lincoln nothing custom. Invision has it integrated since about version 3.0.1 of IPB.

I did write a wee howto that I posted in my Moderators only forum that I am happy to share with you if you want
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @TerminalAddict Ah, sucks that it's in their core because even if I get a copy I'm sure they're not using the GPL. Oh well, thanks for letting me know.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Benno Are you working on something like this?
  • @Lincoln - Yep, going to drop some early code on Github shortly so you can take a look at it. Still very much work in progress.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    OK, great. I'll keep my attention focused on the importer for now, then.
  • How does Sphinx compare to something like Lucene?