Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there direct link on the users profile to send private message to?

in the users profile there isn't a direct link to send them a message, or a private conversation, i think this would make big difference for easier communication.

Comments

• I agree. I went to send Todd a PM just now and it took me a second to figure out how.
  • edited October 2009
    yeh it would be much better, i dont think its that hard to implent, i am going to try and send mark a message, it should be core. isnt there anyway to implent that, any help would be great?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I've implemented this in my dev branch - it will be pushed to master in the coming days, and pushed here shortly thereafter. I can't believe it didn't already work that way!
  • The leprechauns used magic to make GitHub drop the code that did that mysteriously. I saw them. Scouts honour.
  • yeh its implented now
  • Im looking for the some function as well. Is it an official function? Or it takes addon? I cant find it in the profile in my vanilla forum.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

this must be necroposting week.

2 problems I see. @jjomar

you are necroposting on an old discussion
    you failed to mention you version number of vanilla or what you are trying to accomplish

the idea is you start a new discussion describe exactly what you want and the version number of vanilla you are using.

its really that simple.

I see a message button on the user profile page - don't you?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.