Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

HTML-Formatter: how to set the default format field for all users to "Html"?

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,
just have set up a new forum on Vanilla - what a great thing! amongst the many cool things I really like the simple way to add otr remove extensions!!

One of the extensions I installed is HTML Formatter, another is "Quotations". After I enabled the latter I had to realize that forum users obviously are liking the usage of quotation, but they really can't if the default format is set to "Text". So I think it would be great if quotations was only available with Html format being enabled, but that might be too complicated, maybe. So I thought that it might be sufficient if I could find a way to set "Html" to be the default for all users. So currently I'm doing this directly through phpMyAdmin, i.e. directly manipulating the LUM_User table / DefaultFormatType field. But of course it would be much better if the right value was set automatically for each new user.

Would something like that be complicated to accomplish? I'm sorry to say that .y php programming experience is much less than basic...

Best regards,
-LM

Comments

• Options
    vanoobvanoob New
    edited October 2009
    add this to your conf/settings.php file

$Configuration['DEFAULT_FORMAT_TYPE'] = 'Html';
  • Options
    is it *that* simple? I'll give it a try with a new test user. Thanks!