Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User Group Categories [Vanilla 1]

GaiwecoorGaiwecoor New
edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Some time ago, I recall seeing a discussion about the possibility of an add-on for Vanilla 1 that would allow members to form their own user groups, which would get its own category. I can't seem to find the discussion now, but does anybody know if anything was done with that? If not, how might we go about making it?

Any help would be appreciated. While I know a bit of PHP coding, it's not nearly enough to take on something like that without the help of others.

Comments

• Options
    i would love to have this feature, thanks for mentioning it out gaiwecoor
  • Options
    I played once with groups in a very pragmatic and "dirty" way:

I created as an admin of the forum as many roles as groups wanted.
    then created as many categories as needed and granted access only to one category per role in a 1-1 binding

so, in the end, each role (which was representing each of the groups) had its own category, only accessible by their members

sure there may be some more elegant solutions, but it was quick'n'dirty and it worked quite ok