Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Another one re: Notifi extension: can I set subscriptions for others?

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Using the Notifi extension: can I - logged in as admin - define subscriptions for other users? Idea is: I have a few categories and some other folks are helping me administering the forum; person a might be watching category a, person b is responsible for category b etc. Now I'd like to be sure that they are informed if a new discussion starts in their area, and to be sure I'd like to be able to set subscriptions for them, or at least control whether they have subscribed themselves. Is there some way?

Thanks
LM

Comments

• Options
    judgejjudgej
    edited October 2009
    Using the default extension: no.

However, I have just posted a modified version of this module to the extension comments that will allow you to do this. The changes are not complicated, but the are distributed over many functions and files in the extension.

It is in subversion at http://consil.co.uk/svnpublic/projects/vanilla/extensions/Notifi/

It's my first draft, but is working okay for me so far. The whole "edit stuff for other user's accounts" needs a tidy-up in Vanilla IMO. It needs to be made much more clear that you are editing someone else's account, and the language in the settings files needs to change in context, e.g.rather than "upload my picture" it should be more like "upload a picture for User X".

Let me know how it goes. How we would get changes back into the extension, I just don't know, because it does not appear the author has been around for over a year.

-- Jason

jason@consil.co.uk
  • Options
    Thanks, Jason! I just have implemented your hack in my forum, and at least configuration seems to work fine. I still will have to try it on a test user, though