Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Theming Vanilla2 with @import

edited October 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'm working on a theme for Vanilla2, and wanting to keep the css always up to date with release, I was considering using @import, rather than copying code over. Is there a reason why it's recommended in the code to copy css over and then make changes at the bottom, vs. just something like:

@import url(../../../applications/vanilla/design/vanilla.css); /* User css follows */ body { font: 15px Georgia,serif; } /* etc etc */

It seems that the recommendation in http://vanillaforums.org/page/ThemeQuickStart would lead to themes being distributed that use out of date css that has since changed upstream. Any thoughts? It seems to work for me so far.

ps. Is there a way to keep @profile style links from appearing in code brackets? That would be nice.

Comments

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    For instance, if the release css adds or changes whatever was fine with your particular theme, and then it screws it all up at the next release, it's better to have it all in your theme.

For sure, there's drawback too.