Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

duplicate account after vanilla 1 to 2 upgrade.

edited November 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Not really a bug more of a user mistake. When upgrading vanilla 1 to 2 I created an admin account and then when in imported the vanilla 1 accounts the same one came over now there are duplicate accounts is there anyway to get rid of the newer account?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    bump
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    http://ideji.net/images/double account.jpg

Is there any way to manually delete the newer account and leave the older account or will it delete both accounts. I imagine they both have some sort of unique identifier.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2009
    @dejitaru There isn't a delete user mechanism in the core. Maybe rename one of the accounts and remove its admin status? If you can manually edit your database I could walk you deleting the user, but hopefully it isn't hurting anything to just leave it there for now.

Also, the latest importer prevents this from happening.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    awesome was able to rename the newest account now I have all of my imported whispers/conversations back.Dont know why I didnt think of that. Thanks @Lincoln much appreciated. No need to delete the account now that its renamed everything is cool and back to normal. <3 Vanilla 2 thus far.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Great, glad to hear it worked out :)