HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Is Vanilla 2 dev slowing down?

sagarsagar New
edited December 2009 in Feedback
While I do not post I have been hanging around since old vanilla days and eagerly waiting for V2 release. but I am bit concerned especially due to V1.2 announcement....I remember Mark stating somewhere in Aug that V2 is 4-8 weeks away from release...but didn't see anything moving on in that direction

Does this mean that V2 is getting delayed or just that two streams would be continued for a while?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Different people are working on v1.2 and v2 - the speed of one doesn't effect the other. Actually, I'd say v2 development's been speeding up, if anything. There's definitely been more people contributing over the last 3 weeks or so than previously.
  • Options
    that's great to know, now the million $$ Q, when can we expect a final/RC version on V2 and V1.2 not expecting a commitment just want to understand the timeline as I am developing a new site with Vanila
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited December 2009
    I'm in precisely the same boat. I care less about timeline, though, than what the remaining goals are to get there. Not really clear about how much of the RoadMap is going to be present for a beta.
  • Options
    @sager you will just have to wait and see im afraid everyone is waiting for it though
  • Options
    I just want a working copy and functionality, I don't mind waiting until next year for the final version as long as the releases of beta keep coming and we can easily upgrade with no problems from one build to the other.