Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Won't/can't login after forum installation

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
As the title says, after I have installed the forums, it won't log me in. Also, if I try to login by myself, I can't. It says the user cannot be found, even though its the super admin. I have tried uninstalling/installing the forums twice and even checked the database to make sure the user was actually in the Users table, which it was, with no luck.

Thanks!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Sorry, it was a problem with Chrome. Guess it might of had something to do with the cookies.

Anyway, I have it so I can generate a hash for a password and can insert a new member into the Users DB (I am using my own registration in addition to Vanillas). But, when I try to login via Vanilla, it can't recognize the password I input. When I instantiated the PasswordHash class, I did "PasswordHash(8, FALSE)." Not to mention, when I try to use the CheckPassword function in the class and put in the hash stored in the database along with the "correct" password, I can't get it to spit out true. So, I'm really not sure whats going wrong. Help!

Thanks again!