Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anyway to stop Garden emailing you everytime there's some activity?

edited December 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a setting of a configuration option for this yet?

Comments

• While I was playing tonight I kept getting email errors -- since i was messing up the auto-generated users while testing an integration. I found just adding a "return;" after the SendNotification() function declaration in class.activitymodel.php works well as a stopgap :P

Paul
  • Damn. This probably should be a feature request for the "Profile" page. Just checkboxes on what items you want to receive notifications for.
  • On a more serious note: the activity types have a flag field in the database to state whether they should be notified or not, but on top of that there's the $SendEmail parameter in Gdn_ActivityModel::Add() that's TRUE or FALSE depending on the choice within the calling code itself, so it doesn't look like it will be trivial to add a management interface to it..... I guess there could be some "override" code in that class member to force it FALSE, which would leave the default behaviour as chosen elsewhere in the code.

You could turn off notify in the database, but then it's nice to have them all logged, just without the email.

Paul