Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Problems installing plugins

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've just installed Vanilla 2 and I'm trying to add some plugins. I was under the impression that I just had to upload the new plugins into the plugins folder (just like how wordpress plugins work), but I've done that and none of the new plugins are showing up. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    You've got to go in the dashboard and enable them.
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant that they are not showing up in the dashboard. Is there a setting somewhere that might have gotten messed up, so that it's not showing all of the plugins from the plugin folder in my dashboard.

The same thing is happening with my themes. I've added a theme, but it's still only showing the default theme in my dashboard...it's not showing the one that I added.

I'm new to Vanilla, but I've been a programmer for 10 years and I've also used Wordpress quite a bit, and I can't figure this one out.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    You have to unzip them so that it creates their own directory.
  • Options
    I've done that...I know what I'm doing, and I've followed the instructions. It's just that the new plugins and themes that I've uploaded still aren't showing up in my dashboard.

Can someone perhaps direct me to the code that checks for plugins? Maybe a variable got screwed up and it's looking in the wrong place or something?
  • Options
    Does anyone have any ideas on this? I've put the folders into the plugins folder where the other plugins are located, but they are not showing up in the dashboard.
  • Options
    Specifically what plugin are you attempting to install - post the link? Did you confirm it's compatible with Vanilla 2 - many are not??
  • Options
    Thanks Armored...I think that was the problem...I was assuming the plugins were forward-compatible but no such luck.
  • Options
    Make sure that when you extract to addon folder you open it and move the right folder into the dir.

Ex. Say you want to add "attachments-ii-0.05.zip"
    depending on how you extract it it may come out like this, Folder : "attachments-ii-0.05"
    you want to open that folder and move the folder named : "AttachmentsTwo".

Hope this helped you.
  • Options
    I have the same problem. Any plugins that I put in the plugin folder "Disappears". I don't see a plugin link in my dashboard.
    The plugins are compatible for Vanilla 2 as is my version..