Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I need a little help with Applications and Redirections

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I have a couple problems I hope you guys can help me with...I made an application using the tutorial which I'd like to use as my landing page.

1. how do I make my "homepage" app my landing page? I don't wanna forward the domain (eg site.com redirects to site.com/homepage). There must be an easier way. Would be easier just to make an index.php with my custom html and insert the styles and code for the header etc from vanilla and garden? Will that even work?

2. I'd like to show both the register/signup box and like the most recent 5 topics on this page. Is there something I'm missing? in the default.mainpage I have everything setup as I'd like, and on my "homepage" I havent put any of the specific register/signup box code or discussion code yet the register/signup box shows up. That's good I guess, but it renders towards the bottom in Opera. How can I place the discussion code to display it, and if so, can i limit the # of topics shown? If it isn't possible I guess I'll pull in via RSS.

I included a pic just for reference.

Comments