Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Should I use Vanilla 2 or Garden? And what are the differences

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I run a fantasy sports website (www.fantasysp.com) and want to include a barebones forum that will work with my existing user registration database. I figured Vanilla is the best choice. According to user integration documents i found, only Vanilla 2 can work with an existing user database?

However, I am not quite sure what Garden is, or if I should be using that instead. Could you guys please enlighten me?

--Edit
I just read that Garden is a framework for apps to be built on it. vanilla is just the forum.. I understand that part now. :)

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2010
    Yes, Vanilla 2 runs on top of Garden and the whole thing comes bundled together. I'm sure you could manipulate it to run on your existing user database, but Garden is built with the intention of going the other way around - it gives you stable user functionality for your to build apps on top of. Check out the Single Sign On plugin for what you need though: http://vanillaforums.org/page/SingleSignOn
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply Lincoln.

I'm going to give it a try. :)