Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Theming documentation

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
The theming documentation could use some work. For instance, if you copy style.css and vanilla.css it immediately breaks all the background images and reset.css won't load unless you copy it too (most noticeably breaking the categories list). Those are some pretty big "gotchas" for someone just trying to change the background color.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Another: "Open the about.php file and edit the information to reflect your theme's information" neglects to mention that, unless you change the $ThemeInfo key to something other than "Default," it simply won't show up on the Themes page. Someone just filling in their info on the indicated lines probably won't notice that the first time and wonder what the heck is happening.
  • Options
    derekdonderekdon New
    edited January 2010
    I agree, this documentation definitely needs some work. Figured out the above bits myself but it's not very clear what has to be done. Also as mentioned in another post, having the CssThemes plugin enabled causes styling problems. Disable it.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Mark just gave me editing permission for the documentation so I guess I can't pass the buck on this anymore, haha. I'll try drafting some new theming notes as I go through the process again from scratch to take advantage of all the recent changes.
  • Options
    Bless you, Lincoln. That phrase 'go through the process again from scratch' makes me want to weep, because I'm right there behind you -- I'll be doing that myself in about a week. If I have suggestions, you want me to post them here?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    I just updated the "README.txt" in /themes/default and it's now in the master branch on GitHub. That should help to start :) More to come.
  • Options
    Good stuff!