Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Default Vanilla 2 theme

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I notice the default Vanilla 2 theme is different to that being used here - is the theme currently being used here available to download/use? I'd love to use it as a base.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not sure if it's going to be released as another theme available to Vanilla 2 users, but I have heard that the current theme in the downloadable package is going to remain the default. The one here now isn't currently available for download.
  • Options
    That's a real shame - I love the layout and look of this theme, and would love to use it as a base, perhaps simply changing the colors. Not being a natural coder, working from the default Vanilla 2 theme is a bit too big of a task - again, a shame as I am keen on using Vanilla for a project I'm currently working on.

Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    I can't be sure that this theme won't be released as an additional theme as there hasn't been any word on that to my knowledge. Mark or someone else may be able to give you more information regarding that.
  • Options
    Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open and my ear to the ground (or something) ;)
  • Options
    You could always hire a programmer from here who can make the theme.
  • Options
    I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since I signed up for an account here. What's convinced me to come back? I love the look of the site now, and the idea of Garden as application manager, etc. Vanilla always impressed me with its PHP object-oriented-ness.

(omg, it just autosaved this post as a draft. how awesome.)

I don't know about the default look, having yet to install Vanilla 2, but couldn't you derive inspiration from the CSS file here? http://vanillaforums.org/themes/vanillaforumsorg/design/vanilla.css

I wouldn't copy it entirely and you would have to make your own gradients and such, e.g. http://vanillaforums.org/themes/vanillaforumsorg/design/grey_fade.png

But perhaps it could serve as a nice example?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I love this new Vanilla 2 theme.

The default one (on new installs) is pretty forgettable.