Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Error: Trying to get property of non-object

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am working on integrating Wordpress MU with my Vanilla Install using the SingleSignOn plugin, but can not get it to work correctly. Currently, I can only get one account to function properly with the SSO - but every time I register a new account on my wordpress install, I am faced with an error. The only variable I can associate this to is the account's insertion into the "GDN_UserAuthentication" as defined in the documentation as the following:

insert into GDN_UserAuthentication (UniqueID, UserID) values ($YourAdminUsersUniqueID, 1);

Also, I must admit that this instruction was confusing bc as far as I know, wp_users aren't assigned a uniqueID, so in the previous example I just did $YourAdminUsersUniqueID = "1"; and it seemed to work just fine. As I said, that is my only account currently working.

When I register a new account, I am presented the "Trying to get property of non-object" error. More specifically:

"The error occurred on or near: /path/to/install/applications/garden/models/class.activitymodel.php"

The error occurs with this line: $Story = Format::Text($Story == '' ? $Activity->Story : $Story);
Here is an image of the error: http://screencast.com/t/MmVlMjNmN

Also, I know a peculiar activity with the way the SSO adds users to the GDN_User table. Each time I attempt to go to the install with one of my newly created WP users, it adds a new user in the GDN_User table. I know the SSO plugin is meant to query if a user exists and create a new one each time, but it is duplicated posts (with the exception of the PK, of course). Could this be an error in the authenticate url? I have checked it, and it produces the proper information.

If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate it. I believe I was thorough enough describing the issue, but if you need any supplemental info, just holler