Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Wow! No Delete Member Option

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Well this was something I did not check before deciding to use Vanilla as my forum software. You can't delete members? Holy crap, that has to be one of the most important admin functions in any membership environment. I really liked this forums layout but not being able to delete members changes my entire opinion on Vanilla. I will keep it as a testing web site instead of using it for my real web sites forum.

Cheers
Michael

Comments

• Options
    I think this has been done to death before, but if you ban a member does that not achieve what you want? Actually deleting a member's account will leave a hole in Discussions they've participated in, which isn't desirable is it? Holy crap, I'm happy with the way it is.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    Well, banning isn't right/enough for some countries.

Users have a right to be gone forever. Obviously, we can't simply delete the user and all related post, but user information needs to be deleted, and the account needs to be locked (no more login possible). After, we can decide if the username can be left alone, or renamed to something else (but I won't like to see "deleteduser1" said: ...
  • Options
    If one cares, I refuse to keep spam bots or members that have not made a single post in the last 3+ months. There should be a option to delete these users.

I'm really liking this software, but now I'm lost.
  • Options
    If need be, you can just delete the user from the database for the time being.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Pretty sure that functionality is coming. Patience. :)
  • Options
    well there is no such a thing as right or wrong and what should and shouldn't that is up to site manager ( owner ) so having a simple delete button is not a big deal, I like vanilla a lot but it seem forcing what some people think is good ignoring many who would like to have more options and control ...
  • Options
    @calid Its coming :)
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yes, deleting users is on the task list.