Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

After installing 2.0: Error - The server's salt key has not been configured.

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi guys, I just tried installing 2.0 and made sure the verbose error message was used.

When clicking the submit button on the install form I'm just sent back to the install form again (with no error message or any message at all). If I access the main page (/index.php) after this I see this message:

The server's salt key has not been configured. [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\library\core\functions.error.php:132] PHP::include(); [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\library\core\functions.error.php:132] PHP::ErrorHandler(); [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\library\core\class.cookieidentity.php:91] PHP::trigger_error(); [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\library\core\class.cookieidentity.php:71] Gdn_CookieIdentity->_Hash(); [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\library\core\class.passwordauthenticator.php:176] Gdn_CookieIdentity->GetIdentity(); [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\library\core\class.session.php:225] Gdn_PasswordAuthenticator->GetIdentity(); [C:\dev\xampp\htdocs\vanilla\wwwdocs\index.php:30] Gdn_Session->Start();

If I try a different browser I get "Page Not Found" (probably because I don't have a session there).

My PHP error log has nothing ..