Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

newsletter addon

yodayoda New
edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

Is there already a newsletter addon / plugin / application for Vanilla 2?

Comments

• Options
    Nope.

As v2 is not "released" yet, there's not much addons yet.
  • Options
    what about vanilla 1? If it exists on version 1, I can port it to version 2, as I'll need it.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    To really get the full power of newsletters, I'd recommend you go with a full-fledged newsletter application like constant contact or campaign monitor.
  • Options
    That's what I had in mind :)
  • Options
    @yoda, if you're not looking for forums necessarily (though I suppose Vanilla could/has been integrated in the past), might I also suggest SilverStripe CMS, with its Newsletters module? It's very bare-bones and the documentation is both complete and incomplete at the same time (kinda like Vanilla's), but at least that aspect of it has been somewhat developed.

Personally, I'd love to write some kind of email-to-forum (and back) script, like Google Groups, but as that often requires special hosting reqs and extra setup, I haven't bothered yet. Another issue with newsletters is formatting, tracking ... and so when you need something more than a mailing list, going with third-party mailing sites are just plain simpler.
  • Options
    @Louis,

Thanks, but I really need it on Vanilla, since I'll need to run a huge community (over 12.000 members) on it and really need the newsletter application with some special parameters (limit the emails sent per hour to avoid the server from being too busy, for example).

When I come to something good enought, I'll leave it here for everyone to use ;)