Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Applications - how to make them visible in dashboard

yodayoda New
edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi,

Quick question: How do I make applications visible in dashboard with Garden? I followed the documentation but it didn't worked, probably it was for vanilla 1 only.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    The application quick-start guide for Vanilla 2 is here: http://vanillaforums.org/page/AppQuickStart

Is that what you used?
  • Options
    Yes, it was, without success.
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    To have it visible, you really don't need much.

You just need a /yourapplication/settings/about.php file, with the
    ApplicationInfo['yourapplication'] = array being unique.

For an about.php, take the one from the skeleton dir.

Do not forget to remove that line :
    'AllowEnable' => FALSE, // You can remove this when you create your own application (leaving it will make it so the application can't be enabled by Garden)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As a tip, it's nicest if the application name is short and simple, since you'll be typing it again and again. Oh, and don't use spaces. As far as I can tell, the application name specified is what the code thinks of as your app for permissions, etc. But it can be completely different from your app's controller name or your app's folder name. Of course, it's best if they're similar so that you don't forget which is which ... and the docs could be clearer too on when an app name is a folder name and when it's referring to your $ApplicationInfo array, not that it matters that much--capitalization usually gives it away.
  • Options
    Thanks @luc and @Mark, I was missing the AllowEnable one :)