Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred, yikes!

grantgrant
edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Unfortunately that's the error message I'm getting across my whole Vanilla forum at the moment (version 1.0.3).

Last night I tried converting my forum to the Simple Machines forum platform in a separate directory on my server (just to see what it was like, not sure if I'm going to move from Vanilla as I've liked it so far).

Thought my Vanilla forum would be safe in a separate directory but when I checked today it was displayig the following error on all pages:

"Notice: Undefined index: ThankfulPeople in /public_html/forums/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 439"

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'as CommentID, tp. as UserID, u.Name as UserName from LUM_Comment m inner join ' at line 1"

I did (probably foolishly) change 1 file in the Vanilla directory conf/database.php where I added the line:
$Configuration['DATABASE_TABLE_PREFIX'] = 'LUM_'

I had to add that to get the Simple Machines convert file to work but I wonder if I've done irreversible damage to the forum? I've since removed the line of code but the problem remains.

The Vanilla forum and Simple Machines forum both have separate MySQL databases though I did give Simple Machines access to the Vanilla forum during the conversion process.

I've also changed the Simple Machines forum to UTF-8 encoding as I believe Vanilla uses this but wonder if I've done any damage there too.

Thanks in advance for any help and let me know if you need any more info, links etc.

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It sounds like you're having a problem related to plugins. Try turning off (or disabling manually) all of your plugins and then re-enabling one by one to find the culprit.
  • Mark you are the man! Sounds like such a simple solution and don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. I switched off the Thankful People extension and in an instant everything was working again!

Have spent most the day on this (as well as locking myself out of my apartment) so this is such a relief and I can have happy forum members again.

Thanks so much, really appreciate it and may your karma tank overfloweth ;-)
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Haha - glad I could help! :)