Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Role Colors

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've been searching and can't find such an add-on. Does one not exist? It would be nice to have different user colors for admins, and possible different colors for male and female. Thanks!

Comments

• Also, perhaps yet another color for those who donate to keep a forum alive.
  • I really like how minimalist Vanilla is, but this is a huge feature to be missing. You have to click a user and view their profile to see that they're an admin.
  • wow, these forums are dead.
  • You left it 50 minutes and said the forums are dead, what do you expect? An answer immediately. And wrote 3 posts within 2 minutes rather than editing. Its not a good way to get a question answered. I do not know of any plugin that does this, you could create one though. You haven't said if this is for vanilla 1 or 2.
  • It wasn't just that my thread wasn't answered. After 2 hours it was still the most recent thread meaning no activity whatsoever had happened during those 2 hours. Obviously the boards are not very active. Either Vanilla 1 or 2. But yeah, that's a pretty important feature.
  • I admit that the boards arn't hugely active at the moment as its a sort of transition stage between vanilla 1 and the new vanilla 2. Once vanilla 2 is released then the boards will pick up again. Half 9 in the evening isn't a popular time for posting either, as most people will either be started to go to sleep, or having a life. Well it can be easily created for vanilla 2, and if i have time i can make a plugin for it tomorrow. The beauty of vanilla, esp vanilla 2 is that plugins can do anything you want. Ill just combine getting the roles, and the css theme chooser and may have to request some changes made to the core.
  • I think it's a good way to give people an inventive to donate to a board. Also lets people know who the mods and admins are.
  • I think the best way to do this would be to add a class to the comment div containing the role name, then you can style it which ever way you like in CSS in your theme. Now, how you go about doing this, I really wouldn't know :D
  • I'm surprised this isn't an add-on yet.
  • This is a HUGE feature of other boards.
  • edited February 2010
    @BlakeX the whole philosophy of Vanilla is to be a super light weight forum with only basic functionality, hence the name, Vanilla. The features found in many forum solutions you're accustomed to will most likely be available in the future via plugins/addons. This way we can all build our communities exactly as we see fit, without addition bloat from features which hardly or never get used.

The reason why there aren't many addons yet for V2 is because V2 still in development. Once V2 is released I'm sure it won't take too long before we get spoiled with addons. Until then we just have to be patient.

Tip: To edit your post, please hover over the post and click the "Options > Edit" in the top right hand corner.
  • poop. =]