Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need Help With Add-Ons

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I could really use some help. I downloaded a few add ons but I don't understand HOW to install them.

"it must be contained within it's own directory within the extensions directory. So, once you have downloaded and unzipped the extension files, you can then place the folder containing the default.php file into your installation of Vanilla. The path to your extension's default.php file should look like this:

/path/to/vanilla/extensions/Sidepanel/default.php"

I'm not understanding where the extension directory is and how do I place the camera looking file into it.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I'm assuming you're using Vanilla 1, you didn't say...

Using an FTP client, log into your website, navigate to the extensions directory and upload the directory and files you extracted from the ZIP file you downloaded.

Then you click the Settings tab at the top of your forum and then select Extensions from the Panel (on the left by default). You should then see your extension in the main view.

Although it doesn't cover uploading via FTP I have a screenshot walk-through of where to find and how to enable the JQuery extension and the CKEditor plugin. This should help you.

In general, give more information with your problem and people will be able to give you better help. Things such as the version of Vanilla you are running, the name of the add-on you're trying to get working and its version number are all really useful bits of information. If possible, also give a link to you site!
  • Options
    Yes V-1, thanks!! OMG, I am so trying to understand stuff! Thanks! Okay, www.hcgdietjourney.com is the site Vanilla 1 was the download and it's several add ons I downloaded to add the the forum, side bar, google and one other. I'm on my laptop and I downloaded it all the the desktop. But I'll write back as I have to go to the desktop and follwo your screenshots.

Again thanks and sorry for the limited info.