Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Need suggestions: Wordpress + Vanilla 1 or Vanilla 2?

vekiveki New
edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
(On the end of this post I will say how sexy Vanilla is :)

1. I installed Vanilla 1 (in new database) on my WP site, but still not going live with forum on my site. The problem is bridge between Vanilla and WP and hole new paradigm in version Vanilla 2, which I find much better and just a nice dose of social network! Fantastic concept!

MY QUESTION: Am I doing right at this moment, waiting for Vanilla 2? I can wait with forum till May or June.

2. Vanilla 2 is now in beta or what? Are there any fixed milestones (date) when you gonna publish Vanilla 2 ver. 1.0?

3. Technical question about SingleSignOn: If I decide to go live with WP + Vanilla 2 (these days) do I must install Vanilla2 in same database or can I install Vanilla2 in new one, and still having bridge working correctly?

So guys, you are really building software that is so sexy, so much I want to lick it :)) No kidding, I never was so impressed with software... You are better then 37 signals :)

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Haha - thanks, @veki :)

Your WordPress & Vanilla 2 databases can be anywhere: same machine, separate machines, separate countries. It doesn't matter. We actually just released a new version of the SSO plugin this past week that has many improvements over the last one. You can try it here:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/472/single-signon
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    I agree with the OP...Vanilla 2 is a testament to how much potential the Garden framework really has. I've been watching it come together, and it's literally become the forum I've always dreamed of...definitely going to be worth the wait.