Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Internal server error trying to install Vanilla 2

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this error trying to install Vanilla 2. When I hit Continue on the initial install screen I get a 500 internal server error and my PHP error logs show this message:

"Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error."

I think this suggests that the installer is trying to execute an infinite redirect loop. Changing the permissions on my folders as the install.txt file suggests has no effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• This might have to do with your server, not vanilla (maybe some .htaccess issue). Try contacting your server admin/hoster.
  • Yes, I have the same problem installing on a Rackspace Cloud Site which meets all the specs required by V2: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/10763/internal-server-error-500-at-installation-of-v2/

I don't get anything written to the log though. I agree with your suspicion – it looks very much like a problem with the redirects in .htaccess causing an infinite loop.

My .htaccess looks like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c/>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L]
    </IfModule>

Any .htaccess experts able to advise what the problem may be?
  • I have the same problem.

I get:

rewrite or internal redirection cycle while processing "/forum/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/index.php/garden/gardensetup