Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cross Sub-Domain Login

edited March 2010 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Vanilla 1.1.10 setup, runs great, love the forum tool! However run into a minor problem that I can't quite find a solution for:

The Vanilla forum is setup on a sub-domain to the main site eg: mywebsite.com & forum.mywebsite.com. I've got a few minor administration tools for the main site which I've setup authentication for using the forum logins ie: if they want to visit and edit mywebsite.com/admin/subscribers then they will be redirected to the login page for the forum (forum.mywebsite.com/people.php?ReturnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fqbt.development%2Fadmin%2Fsubscribers), and should they login correctly, they are now also logged in as an administrator for mywebsite.com. I'm adding the ReturnUrl which is added in EXACTLY the same way that it is if it was on the forum domain, however it seems that because the domain is different - even though it is a sub-domain - the ReturnUrl is ignored and the user is first returned to the login page again, then redirected to the forum's home page.

I've toyed around with a few things in the SignInForm function unsuccessfully and can't QUITE crack this problem. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Looks like this will be a good addition to V1 when it gets sorted. Bookmarked.