HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

AddOn/Feature Idea: Activity Stream Printed below Username in Comment Page

LoOkOuTLoOkOuT
edited March 2010 in Feedback
Right, as indicated by the ridiculous Discussion Title, this is a hard one to explain, but please bear with me.

Either as a UI feature, or as an addon, I'm thinking it would make sense to pull the Activity Stream updates on each user's Account page into the comments page. These Activity Stream updates already get pulled into the Community Stream, but I think it would be good to have a user's updates also pulled into the comment page and printed as subtext below (or alongside) their Username and Account Pic (and thus the link to their Account Page). Perhaps have a character limit, or a "more..." link. This would have the effect of publishing a user's "status" updates more widely, driving traffic to Account Pages. Users, (mine in particular) will more likely make status updates if they become popular for their updates.

If an Account Pic lends "visual" colour to a user's Forum identity, Status Updates will lend "textual" colour and I think they would work well together alongside a user's comments.
Tagged: