Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Hiding Posts on All Discussions page

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am looking to have posts from a specific category (lets say category id #2) not to be displayed when looking at the All Discussions page. The category and all of its discussions should still be accessible, but I just don't want them listed on the All Discussions page.

Just wondering how I can go about doing that. Perphaps someone wants to take a stab at creating a plug-in?

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2010
    I've thought about creating a customizable "All" Discussion view. It's one of those "when I get to it" issues for now, unfortunately. +1 for a good idea, though.
  • I know this is a really old thread but I've searched for a plug-in solution and haven't found one.

If I "hide the category" then the posts aren't searchable.

I wish I knew enough to create a plug-in but unfortunately I don't. Would someone like to try?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe this will work, but I do not know how it behaves on searches: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/excludecategories-plugin

• Thanks RJ, but I tried that one and it didn't work. :(

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe if you elaborate what did work and what did not work, I can look at it. Is it "only" the search results?