Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 1.1.10 install problems: configuration defaults?

Here is my issue: when I attempt to install Vanilla, I get this message:

"We connected to the server, but we couldn’t access the 'xxxxxxxx' database. Are you sure it exists and that the specified user has access to it?"

I opened the installer.php file and put in all the database info under the "// Set up some configuration defaults to override" section and this allows me to get to the next step where I get this message:

"Vanilla seems to have been installed already. You will need to remove the conf/settings.php, conf/database.php files, and all database tables in order to run the installer utility again."

When I remove the two files, I get this message:

"An error occurred while attempting to read settings from the configuration file: /nfs/c04/h03/mnt/80807/domains/thearrowsproject.com/html/forum/conf/database.php

failed to open stream: No such file or directory

Vanilla seems to have been installed already. You will need to remove the conf/settings.php, conf/database.php files, and all database tables in order to run the installer utility again."

The files are removed but I keep just getting back to this point. My head hurts please help