Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Parse error

edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello all,

I've been playing around with Vanilla 1 for a while and decided to finally give Vanilla 2 a try. I've uploaded everything to the server, but once I go to the directory it's all in, I don't get the installation page, but instead, a blank page with the following error:

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /nfs/c06/h02/mnt/89205/domains/mydomain.com/html/forum/index.php on line 29"

I'm not exactly sure what this means as I haven't touched anything inside any of the files yet. I'm just trying to get it all installed first.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I really hate bumping, but I'm eager to get to playing around with Vanilla 2. Anyone have any ideas?
  • Options
    I actually managed to figure this out myself. I found out that this parse error is simply due to php4. I'm with media temple for hosting, and by default they have domains set to use php4, but there's a little switch so you can just pick which domains use php5. Took me two seconds to switch and now things are working.

Let this be a lesson to others!