Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BlogThis for Vanilla 2

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is anyone working on a Blogging extension for Vanilla 2? @spode had a really great plugin for Vanilla 1 that basically took a new discussion and turned it into a blog post on a seperate page. I'm sure it's not hard to do especially using the Custom Pages plugin that @mark has already provided...anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Comments

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    I somehow can't see any need for such a Plugin. Couldn't you simply copy-paste the text if you want to blog it?

For me, the "ShareThis" button integration to Vanilla (-posts) would make much more sense.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    We're actually thinking about writing a couple of plugins to do pretty much exactly this, but with Twitter and Facebook too. Does that seem like something that could be useful?

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Yea that would be a perfect one-two punch.

If you think about it, blogs and forums are very similar. Their just two different ways of displaying the same type of data.

Conversation data, with a topic (blog post) and conversation on that topic...although good discussions rarely stay on topic lol.
  • I like to be able to pull great discussions/comments out onto a "featured page" like I can with a single click using BlogThis. Thanks.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    Update: @chi1 has gotten the ball rolling with a simple yet effective blog application

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/587/blog