Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Login with username?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Does anyone know of an addon that allows you to login with a username instead of an email? I can't seem to find one for Vanilla 2. If not, what's the simplest way to accomplish this using PHP? I appreciate any help!

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You actually can log in with your username by default. It just prompts for email to be compatible with the SSO plugin. I always auth as 'Lincoln' because I'm lazy. :)
  • Options
    Oh, I see. So I can actually just change the HTML view to say 'Email/Username' instead of just 'Email'? The system will automatically detect the username and continue logging in?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Yup, as it stands now, that is correct.
  • Options
    Ok, thank you very much for your help Lincoln.
  • Options
    Why didn't they just put that into the text in the first place? I've spent 3 months logging in with a tedious email for NOTHING
  • Options
    Why didn't they just put that into the text in the first place? I've spent 3 months logging in with a tedious email for NOTHING
    Your e-mail shouldn't be "tedious" to input. How do you think other people feel when they try to send you an e-mail?!
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @Steven, lolz!
  • Options
    Your e-mail shouldn't be "tedious" to input. How do you think other people feel when they try to send you an e-mail?!
    username - 5 characters
    email - 15 characters

It's more tedious than a username. Nuff said?