Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Install Vanilla with a script

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone knew how i could get script or something of the sort which would install Vanilla 2 automatically. I am making a website for the UK education system and i want every school to have their own forums which have nothing to do with one another. I want some sort of script which would install Vanilla 2 onto each subdomain freshly during the registration process. So if the school select that they want forum it will then go onto install them.

Secondly, i want to make a big list of subjects which the school would choose from. These would be the subjects they tech in their school. When they choose the subjects it would set up the categories in the forum following which subjects they have choose. For each subject there would be a category on the forum to go with it. The forum would also be the main user system for the site . Each school is to have nothing what so ever to do with each other and think that no other schools exist!

If you have a better suggestion to this i would be happy to know about it. Thank in advance for any help.

Yours
Jamie

Comments

• I suggest you look into the installation part of Vanilla, and look what it does to setup everything.

(Afaik categories are dead easy, database wise, just a row per category in one table)