Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Working on installing Vanilla 2 on GoDaddy - any help or advice

is greatly appreciated - including other Vanilla friendly hosts...but for now am at GoDaddy...also considering Vanillaforums.com....

would like to have V2 up and running on GoDaddy just to sandbox a bit.

Thanks!

VanillaThunder

Comments

• Database can't connect - something wrong with the local host....error message below - anyone have this problem before?

The connection parameters you specified failed to open a connection to the database. The database reported the following error:
    SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin'@'97.74.215.192' (using password: YES)
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    If you are installing on godaddy then your database host is definitely not localhost. You should get all of your information by clicking the Edit/View Details button. Here is an example of what I see on my panel:

MySQL Database Information
    Host Name:a2000.db.6196226.hostedresource.com
    Database Name:a2000
    Database Version:5.0
    Description:Not Set
    User Name:a2000

This along with your password is what you should be entering when setting up Vanilla 2.

Hope this helps!
  • Todd,

Thanks for the reply - and I did find the correct host name and also change the permissions -and it loaded Vanilla2 - I can't login - it just "searches" endlessly...but hey - am getting somewhere- will gladly take a "new" problem over nothing...

Regards,

VThunder
  • and.....SUCCESS!

Thank you TODD!

The fresh version did the trick - even though my previous was only a few day old...

Was going to try a fresh SQL database next - but hey...it works...

Regards,

VThunder