Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Show thread title only

candymancandyman ✭✭
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Is there a way to show thread title only?
I'd like to obtain this: an unregistered user can read all the thread titles but, in order to read the posts and to write, he have to register.
Is this possible, maybe with RSS feeds too?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    speaking from experience this is an awesome way to grow membership on a forum...I hope there's a way to make this happen

vB has something called "usergroup permissions" that allows this type of control
  • Options
    candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    I agree with you about membership growing... I think this feature may help indexing too.

According to you this feature must be built-in or can be added with a plugin?
  • Options
    oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    I think it would be better solving this via Plugin
  • Options
    RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    I think it would be better as a built in option in the admin dashboard...more management options the better.
  • Options
    @Raize However this takes away from what Vanilla is. Vanilla is basic, simple, uncomplicated and minimal. I think this should definitely be a plugin, especially now as a plugin can pretty much do anything you want.
  • Options
    Is there the possibility to request ransom plugin to the developers?
  • Options
    You might use this plugin, with small edit - just add condition for 'discussions'.
  • Options
    Last year I made a question: has some plugin be released with the solution to that problem?
    My goal is always the same: an unregistered user can read all the thread titles but, in order to read the posts and to write, he have to register.

Or, at least, it's possible to make some forum sections private and readible to logged users only?
    Many thanks!
  • Options
    lucluc ✭✭
    edited July 2011
    2nd part was already possible from the start, just use roles and permissions on categories.
  • Options
    Thank luc, I've missed that.

Anyway, it would be nice to show the thread titles or preview the first post with some jQuery trick to encourage people to join and reading the rest.