Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Logging in Problem

edited February 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hey guys, My forum is on www.uncommondialogue.com/forum/ It's doing strange things. When I'm not logged in, it shows no discussions or categories at all...but I'm sure I have it set up so anyone can at least browse the forum. What might be problem be? Am I overlooking something?? Thanks everyone, -JT

Comments

• Options
    I do have 'Allow non-members to browse the forum' checked.
  • Options
    Will someone please help out? This looks like a big problem...but I've hardly done any editing to the forum.
  • Options
    Hah, ok...finally figured it out. Apparently "banned" is the role applied to anyone that hasn't applied for registration. Man, that was a bit misleading, but I guess it makes some sort of sense. Meehhhh. Sorry guys.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Sorry if I wasn't here earlier, but yes, the "banned" role does take precedence over guests and non-members. Documentation rules! /me really needs to freshen up the docs a bit when he gets time
  • Options
    heh, aye. i meant to tackle some the other day but i got distracted by the thought of 0.93.
  • Options
    Not related jtylers problem, but I can't find any other way of saying this. I can't seem to log in into this forum. I can post replies (with my username and password so I know they work) but can't start a topic. When I try to sign in, the forum keeps me signed out. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    That is really odd. The only thing I can suggest is clearing your cookies.

What browser/version are you using?
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    Sounds like a possible sessions issue we had a few weeks ago. It wasn't apparent at first, but something was ill configured. Remember that one, mini? I have a hunch the same could be happening here.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @lech: but he's talking about *this* forum, and if the sessions work on here for some of us, they should also work for all of us. Hence why I think it's probably a cookie issue.
  • Options
    It must have been a cookie problem. I cleared them and this time the forum allowed me to log in. Thanks for the help, Mark.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    No problem :)
  • Options
    Change it back. For the love of god please change it back. One minute I'm logged in, the next I'm not.
  • Options
    Yeah holy crap man
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    oh, THIS forum, ok, then I have no clue what's going on.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited February 2006
    Are you guys talking about this: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1423/urgent-0926-and-sessionid/ If so, please post your problems in there. If nothing else, I want to prove a point.
  • Options
    I am unable to remain logged-in on Firefox 1.5. I can post stuff by using the username and password over the comment field, but I don't stay logged in afterward.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    mark, this is what I was reffering to : http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/1653/2/093-install-problems/
  • Options

This was a problem for me as well in Vanilla 1.1.8 - I had unchecked categories for Unauthenticated and Banned. I reallowed Unauthenticated as per http://www.vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/35750/#Comment_35750

... and it seems to work fine. I am able to view all discussions without being logged in.