Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Flickrizer

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited March 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Flickrizer

Comments

• Options
    Mark, will upgrading from 0.1 to 0.2 wipe out all the existing user Flickr feeds since the format is different or does the extensions somehow address that?
  • Options
    houseinprogress: When I uploaded the 0.2, my existing feeds no longer worked. So, yeah I guess you'll need to update each feed.
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Yeah - sorry. It was kind of a drastic change, but a necessary one in order to make the extension secure.

Also, I just upgraded to 0.3 because I found another bug in the extension. It's not a huge deal, but if you tried to view a use account that didn't exist, it would throw a php error instead of a nice error - version 0.3 fixes that bug.
  • Options
    I installed it, but when I tried to go to my accounts page, I got:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare account_retrieveflickrphotostream() (previously declared in /home/virtual/site44/fst/var/www/html/Vanilla-1.1.2/extensions/FlickrFeed/default.php:169) in /home/virtual/site44/fst/var/www/html/Vanilla-1.1.2/extensions/Flickrizer/default.php on line 20

The only way I can get it to work is to turn off the extension again.

Any thoughts?
  • Options
    That's happening because you're using both the flickrfeed and flickrizer extensions at the same time. You cant do that.
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a way to show a set number of images instead of the default 20 it retrieves?
  • Options
    this is not working for me i have user wall enabled does that have any thing to do with it
  • Options
    Hamed - There is an obvious way to test that. Disable your user wall and see what happens.
  • Options
    yeah thanks for letting me know anyway it was not the problem i figured it out i was using an older version of it ( i think) it works now thanks for the help startie
  • Options
    I'm really sorry to bring this up again but would anyone know how to set a limit to the number of images displayed on the user profile page? 20 thumbnails is way too much for my liking and I'd like to reduce it to around 8 or 10 if possible.
  • Options
    There is a way but its a code hack. Flickr displays 20 images via RSS and currently they don't offer a way to get around that (by specifying a different image count in the uri) so this has to be done in the code.

Simply look for the line:

for ($i = 0; $i < $ImageCount; $i++) { (should be line 55)

and change it something like:

for ($i = 10; $i < $ImageCount; $i++) { (this will give you the last 10 of the 20 images)

There are a few ways to do this in the code, but this seemed the simplest.