Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notify

Comments

• Options
    Quote: Mark
    pic That's actually a really easy fix. It involves removing the & from the variable name in the function declaration and adding it where the function is called. pic
    OK, I have removed the ampersand from line 224 and the error went away, but which line do I add it to?
    Also, the Subscribe to forum link appears to do something then changes to Unsubscribe to forum but it does not stick.

Posted: Wednesday, 4 April 2007 at 11:07AM

• Options
    Ouchhh!! Notify and MySQL problems. I'm getting MySQL errors when a non authenticate user try to reach the "search" page and "category" page. Also when everyone tries to reach the sing in page, what it is certainly not good at all. How to solve this. There is any solution? Any help is appreciate it. Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 34 Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 43 Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 44 Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 44 Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 45 Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 49
  • Options
    My notify extension is now working but I had to post a sticky discussion at the top of my forum to let members know how to be notified. How hard is it to apply a check to that notify box through code? Is it a matter of adding a 'true' or 'false' next to something in the code? I'm going to look into the code and mess around. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    So still no definitive fix for this gadget?pic

Posted: Monday, 9 April 2007 at 12:29PM

• Options
    Hi,

I too could use more hand-holding to address the error identified by Wanderer. I'm not a programmer so I don't understand your short-hand Mark wrt "function declaration" and "function is called". Could you give me specific lines of code to find and replace in default.php? I'm handy enough with a text editor to do that.

Excellent forum tool! Thanks!

Thanks,
    Christopher
  • Options
    Or just an updated version of the plugin would be super for us web designers who don't know a lick about php and how it works.
  • Options
    : ) !!!
  • Options
    Can't get hold of hutstein, maybe someone knows his details?

Posted: Thursday, 12 April 2007 at 3:40PM

• Options
    Hi @all,

sorry for all the troubles with this extension. I hadn't so much time in the past...

I'm working on an updated version! That hopefully appears soon...
  • Options
    Good to have you back mate! pic

Posted: Friday, 13 April 2007 at 7:20AM

• Options
    Yeah!
  • Options
    I've added a category selection to the notification control in the account panel, where you can easily un/subscribe every category. There are also all discussions listed that you've subscribed to...

If you have any suggestions... just post it
  • Options
    Request #1: The ability for an admin to turn off those options or hide them all together. I'd prefer only to allow the viewers to my forum to subscribe to specific discussions, not whole categories or even the forum in general. Mainly because the forum will use this for only works with whispers back and forth between a client and the administrative team (that way, we can set up 3 categories, rather then a category per client). And, how notify worked last time, if they subscribed to the whole category, it would send them a notification whether or not they had access to the message that was most recently updated.

But, I don't want to remove the option all together from ALL categories, since we do use an Announcements-type category that is read-only and email alerts would be nice for that, too. So, maybe admins can choose which categories are "subscribable."

Request #2: I'd like to have the most recent comment inserted into the email. That way, if its something they need to respond to, they can log into the forums and do so. Or, if its just a "status report" or a "thanks" type message, they don't have to log in to read it. Maybe a link back like - "don't reply to this email, reply in this discussion instead: >link<"
  • Options
    And by "request" I mean "suggestion." Really, I'd just like for it to work : )
  • Options
    Thanks hutstein, is that in the 0.2 update now? And does it fix the problem with the error: "Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /usr/www/users/client/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 224"
  • Options
    @cavery - no. The last time the add-on was updated was in July of last year. He is currently working on the new update.
  • Options
    I´d need some "beta" testers that can test the new version for me on a non-productive system. If you have interest. Just send me an private message with your E-Mail and I will send you the files
  • Options
    I offered to be a beta tester a couple of weeks ago and never heard back. How's it going? Need any more testers?
  • Options
    I'm beta testing it right now. I have to test one change, but currently - its not working for me. I'll post again if it works when i apply this latest change.
  • Options
    It is not working just yet. Close, but we're getting those allow_call_time_pass_reference errors.
This discussion has been closed.