Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

LanguageSelector

Max_BMax_B New
edited April 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
LanguageSelector

Comments

• Options
    This extension leads to an error in Vanilla 1.1:
    Notice: Undefined property: Context::$LanguageSelectorArray in .../extensions/LanguageSelector/default.php on line 68 Fatal error: Call to undefined function BuildLangArray() in .../extensions/LanguageSelector/default.php on line 71
  • Options
    @Max: does the new release of Vanilla make it possible for us to install this extension without having to make changes to the core? - or are those 2 or 3 core hacks still necessary?
  • Options
    I have not downloaded 1.1, yet.
    My own application is closely related to Vanilla so I have to check it out with some time ahead.
    But I'm rather confident, seeing the message above that the answer to icouto question is NO.
    And then, to Tex: do the required changes.
  • Options
    @Max: thanks for the info! Do you believe then, that provided we follow the old installation/hack instructions, the extension will work as expected in 1.1(.1)?
  • Options
    @ Max_B:
    Well, I will try to do. If I succeed (what I doubt right now), I will let you know.
  • Options
    Yes, looking at 1.1.1 code, the installation instructions should not change.
  • Options
    With Vanilla 1.1.1 the problem seems to only occur for guests and if members are browsing to their own account.
  • Options
    @Tex: this is because registered users have already a preference set. So there is no need to guess the language, nor to build up a selector for the panel.
    You did not patch your 1.1.1 install, did you?
    If you have been able to do it for 1.0, why not for 1.1, the files are exactly the same in that respect.
  • Options
    I don't know what you mean with patch my install, sorry. To use this extension, I did nothing more than upload and activate it so far.
  • Options
    @Tex: Please read the readme.txt file and follow instructions in there to setup the extension.
  • Options
    Shame on me!

How could I forget about this? Sorry for messing up this discussion. If anybody wants to delete all my junk here, please go ahead. Thank you, Max, for your patience! I am sorry.
  • Options
    @Tex: I assume, then that this extension works as expected in 1.1.1. Hooray!!! Something else to look forward to, when I upgrade my forum.
  • Options
    Max, please note that in default.php the name of the extension has to be changed from "Language Selector" to "LanguageSelector" (without space in between), for it to be compatible with the new update-checker of Vanilla 1.1.x.
  • Options
    icouto, should we delete this space ourselves or are we to wait for the author of this extension to fix the update-checker problem?

Thanks.
  • Options
    @JDW: you can delete that yourself, if you want to - I have deleted it in mine, and it now works. I'm sure that Max will fix it with the next release, though.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.3 of LanguageSelector.
  • Options
    Corrected the space typo and added the following readme note:
    ************************************** INSTALLATION, conf/language.php option ************************************** Recent releases of Vanilla inversed the order of language files include. This opens an alternate installation method, if you do NOT use conf/language.php for extensions translations. Just insert the above LanguageSelector include line in the conf/language.php files. Note: Using conf/language.php for extensions translations is NOT a good choice for a true multilingual setup. It does not allow on-fly extension switching. There is no alternate STANDARD method yet (Vanilla 1.1.2). My own method is to store extension translation in separate files and add specific includes in conf/extensions.php. Exemple : @include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CategoryJumper/{$Configuration['LANGUAGE']}.php"); include($Configuration['EXTENSIONS_PATH']."CategoryJumper/default.php");
  • Options
    Max_B,

Speaking of "typos" if you have a look at the bottom of your post, you'll see that you have the word "Exemple," which as far as I know is not in the English language! :-) Also, you should add an "s" to the end of the word "translation" in "translation in separate files."
  • Options
    Was this a mocking comment?
    I'm still waiting to read a comment in French, without a single typo, from a native English speaker after he worked to release some useful extension…
  • Options
    @Max: thank you for your continuing work on this! You are awesome! :-)
This discussion has been closed.