Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vote

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Vote

Comments

• 1) Can anyone confirm, that this extension works with Vanilla 1.1.x? 2) Does voting have to be enabled deliberately, and on a discussion-by-discussion basis? - ie., after installing this extension, all the comments in all my discussions are not going to suddenly show unwanted 'vote' buttons? 3) Can voting be STOPPED/ENDED? 4) Can people still vote on a CLOSED discussion?
  • Works on Vanilla 1.1.2

I wish there was an easy way to make it so that it only rated the discussion as a whole (not each comment in the discussion).
  • @vertigo25: perhaps you could use the Poll extension for that. Have you tried it? - it allows 1 Poll per discussion. The poll could be "Rate this discussion", with the options ranging from 1 to 5 stars as a response. It will not give you an 'average' of the total, but may be usable enough for your purposes, depending on the situation!
  • Can the number of stars rating be modified to say 10 by simply changing the star_rating.php file and the css file?
  • It shows voting closed for all the comments....
  • Is there a way to capture WHO rated a comment and the rating they gave?
  • How do my members vote. Even after enabling 'vote in comments' in settings, a vote option doesnt show up near the comments box or any where on the discussion page. How do I fix this?
  • I can only vote on the new discussions I create after installing the extension, and any user cannot vote her/his own comments
  • Development of this extension seems to have stopped.
This discussion has been closed.