Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Russian (with extensions)

edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Russian (with extensions)

Comments

• Options
    Uploaded version 0.6 of Russian (with extensions).
  • Options
    Uploaded version 0.6 of Russian (with extensions).
  • Options
    Fairly to tell, which I have taken Russian file from http://lussumo.com/addons/ very bad, I it have processed on 99 % as words and phrases mismatch rules of a writing of Russian and lexicon! Coding Windows-1251 it as is bad! Russian symbols perfectly work with coding UTF-8 and it does not cause mistakes at use ajax If my processing of Russian file in view of all rules of Russian you can load it here http://www.vanillaforum.ru/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,34/func,fileinfo/id,1/ is interesting to you
  • Options
    I was just going to ask why use encoding Windows-1251? It seems a bit odd.
  • Options
    Forgive, I am not strong in English, but I shall tell that at use of the coding windows-1251 in ajax instead of Russian symbols we shall see here it: "????????? ", certainly it is possible to use function iconv but then it is necessary to finish expansions under the coding windows-1251, therefore I consider expedient and more comprehensible to use UTF-8
  • Options
    I agree, using Windows-1251 seems a bit odd when UTF-8 would also display russian characters perfectly well.
  • Options
    We definitely need UTF-8 Russian translation. WTF, why Windows-1251?
  • Options
    I have already made translation in UTF-8 (Within the limits of Russian community www.vanillaforum.ru) as it helps to avoid problems in the Ajax
  • Options
    Am I missing something here?
    converting a file to utf-8 is a snap. Just open it in a savvy editor and save it as utf-8.
    I'm all for unicode, but if the work is done already do not reinvent the wheel… unless it is a poor work.
  • Options
    As it is possible to download completely Russified (including a fitter) version utf-8 Vanilla on a site of Russian community Vanilla Forum
This discussion has been closed.