Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

yShout Panel Chat

a_ja_j
edited September 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
yShout Panel Chat

Comments

• Options
    I tried installing this and got it working in it's own directory, but I couldn't get it to appear in the panel. Has anyone had any success with this? Actually, I figured it out (or rather re-read the readme.txt) ... I guess it really is manual and kludgey..you have to edit the definitions.php file adding the div which renders the shoutbox. Someone should really clean the YShout-Vanilla integration up. I doubt it would be that hard, and YShout 4 isn't half bad.
  • Options
    Thanks for very useful and great ad. Have the same problem as scube ... yshout not appear on the sidepanel. After editing definitions.php yshout panel appears, but ... on login site. Everything works propperly:-) But I preffer to publish yshout on sidepanel available to site users ... Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance Dede
  • Options
    I'm not sure if it was the hack/modifications I did to yShout Chat Panel, or if it was due to the initial port, but I was having issues with multiple processes being created. So many processes were happening that my ISP had to remove the file because it brought down the server. I still think this is a great messaging system, I think we just need to figure out the best way to implement it.
  • Options
    Yes! Thanks skube :-) I agree with you yShout IS the great messaging system. It works the best to me, but "outside of Vanila". Even log in and log out functioning properly. I'm newbee on Vanila and ... how to implement yShuot with sidepanel only I don't know. Maybee I'll try to create new list according to http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:development:controlpanel Hope, not only me, waiting for detailed manual ... Unfortunatly a j - (yShout implementation autor) has been out of forum since Feb 27th 2007 Happy HHD to you and all VForum staff :-)
  • Options
    How about combining an iframe and the latest nuggets add-on? (to separate all JS baloney from the main page)
  • Options
    I can put up my attempt/hack up if you like, but it probably needs some serious tweaking.
  • Options
    I read the readme file and tried to install. but it only makes my page blank. could somebody share detailed instructions to get it work?
  • Options
    I too want to know how to get this working. I installed it but nothing shows up.
  • Options
    Sorry for not getting back to any of you about this... Have bone disease and had hip replacement surgery and was bed-ridden (read: without computer) for quite a while.

I haven't looked at this in a while, and am rusty, and am hopeful something better came along; but if I can help anyone out, let me know.

Sorry again.

Best,

AJ
  • Options
    solved :)
  • Options
    yesahaureok1 day ago edited
    solved :)
    Damn but I hate posts like that.

What is solved? How did you solve it? It may not seem useful to you, but it could well be helpful to someone else...
  • Options
    yay chill :)

it was just a yshout "exclusive" problem, i had problems with the admincp, but i get the new yshout 5, and it was all good then.
    so it was more feature related.
  • Options
    Heh, I think my post came across more grumpy than I was :P But thanks anyway, you never know who this may help ;)
This discussion has been closed.