Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FCKeditor

Comments

• Could you fellows cease with all the double-line spacing please. It's giving me a headache!
  • That's just the extension though. You also need the FCKeditor program, which you can find at http://www.fckeditor.net/
  • I solved the pb.
  • problem solved! I thought that I could install the FCKeditor like any other extension and did not read the "read me.txt" file which explained the special procedure. that's all. maybe, it should be mentionned explicitly on the addon download page that the installation process is slightly different than the other extensions. thanks for your help.
  • Please elaborate on what you did to solve it in case other people run into the same problem as you?
  • Is there a way to enable this by default. I just upgraded and it turned it off by default and it is confusing a lot of the users :-/ Also, now it seems the body doesn't show (where you type the post).
  • You can try to use that AddOn that lets you set global preferences, I believe that is what was recommended earlier
  • Thats what I needed, thank you. I looked through the thread, not sure how I missed that one.
  • will the fact that I have tinymce installed but disabled keep fckedit from working? I installed the extension in where it goes and the other file in JS but no go
  • Did you enable it on your account page?
  • account page???? Yea I see it now but that did not fix it. (Enable Visual editing toolbar - turned on) When I go in an turn off TinyMCE and turn on FCKEdit I end up with no editor. Errr update I guess the editor is there because I am getting YouTube to work. . .via JQmedia . . . but still no Tool bars. I assume they are right there but I can not see them . . . . See http://ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/ By the way I was totally happy with TinyMCE . . . all I wanted to do was add YouTube . . . if there is a better way please clue me in
  • maybe the problem is already solved here and I didn't find the solution but: how can i enable the FCK editor by default for every user?
  • Where do you find the global settings option? @gpreston use Global Preference Set Extension Go to its settings Enter VisualEditing and then 1 and click send. that will enable it for everyone. I would like to set FCKeditor on by default for all users. I think I am missing something here. Should there be a global settings set to zero in the default.php currently or do I need to add? Or am I completely wrong?
  • Completely wrong actually.

You need to use the Global Preference AddOn (use the Search) to set the VisualEditing preference to a value of 1 for everyone.
  • Thanks gpreston, I just found that in the add-ons and had just finished applying it. Thanks for your help though.
  • As JDW posted, why the double spacing when you hit Enter? Can it be removed?
  • Funny, I am not able to create such double-spacing in my posts here. Here's a test.
    See! All single spaced!
  • MSB, I think you should definitely add the following bit of info to the readme.txt file:

Make sure to check the "Enable Visual Editing toolbar" option found in your Account Preferences (/account.php?PostBackAction=Functionality) section. If you want to set it for everyone, install and use the Global Preference Setting extension.
  • I downloaded the latest version of FCKeditor today (version 2.5.4) in order to test it with Safari 3 (which I finally got working on my Mac after deleting the Safari plist). Alas! FCKeditor no longer loads the toolbar in any browser I try! Before I had it working in Firefox Mac and IE Windows, but no longer! I even downloaded the latest nightly of FCKeditor (which is a package separate from the FCK extension), but that didn't not solve the problem. FCKeditor is now totally dead, and I've tried everything in vain to fix it...

Before I updated it, I disabled the FCKeditor extension in Vanilla. I then uploaded FCKeditor 2.5.4 to my server and then re-enabled it in my forum. It was at that point I found the new 2.5.4 version didn't work in any browser. I then uploaded the FCKeditor nightly files (not the extension) into the appropriate /js directory, but that didn't help. I then disabled all my extensions except FCK Editor 2.5.4, but that didn't help either! FCKeditor is now dead!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Please help!