Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Tags

2»

Comments

• @jstubbs: Maybe the default.php file got corrupted when you uploaded it. Did you try uploading again?
  • Hi, I downloaded a fresh version, then removed the old discussion tags from the extensions folder. After uploading the new folder and enabling it, I get the same error as above.

Note I am on localhost - MAMP.

The tags work, as in they display fine and I can click on the tag links and it works fine. Its only the "view all tags" link that brings the error I mention above.
  • Littlepeet wrote:
    I will modify it so, it can be installed over the original plugin and post it here.

Hi littlepeet. Would you be willing to share your update/modification of discussion tags?
  • the sense and realization of extension is cool, but what about of deleting old, unsuccesfull tags?
  • hm well seems like there is no support for german special caracters (öäü) - what a wonder :D
    when you try to use tags icluding these letters there's a mysql warnng an the letters get transformed into a

any ideas how i could fix it?
  • I have exactly the same problem as # jstubbs - can't view all tags,fatal error .. vanilla 1.1.4. In previous version everything was OK.
  • When you move your mouse over the View All Tags link, what does it look like? Mine looks like:
    http://localhost/Vanilla.1/extension.php?PostBackAction=DiscussionTags
  • It looks exactly that. http://localhost/extension.php?PostBackAction=DiscussionTags
  • Just to be sure, is your local Vanilla installed in the root or in a folder like mine called Vanilla.1?
  • I dont want to give tagging-rights to all groups. Is there a way to give only special groups the ability to tag their discussions?
  • I also wish it was possible.
  • Because one can add tags with whitespaces (which is great) I find it neccessary to comma-separate the tags. I accomplished this by changing line 228 in default.php to
    $toreturn .= ' <a style="font-size:'.$fontsize.'%; text-decoration:none; color:'.$color.';" href="index.php?TagFilter='.$Value[2].'">'.$Value[0].','.'</a> ';

I also want all tags to be lowercase, so I inserted
    $Value = mb_strtolower($Value); below line 58 in ajax.php (and in default.php below line 133 - but this doesn't seem to neccessary).
  • is there a way to drop the tag lines from the discussions list totally? (inclusive the edit button and everything discussion-tag related)

thanks a bunch
  • Anyone have issues with this and FriendlyURLs?

Basically, the code is written with index.php The problem is that it does not take into account the friendly rewrite.

It's when you click on a Discussion title itself that Discussion tags get kind of screwed up. The will show on the page, but the show all tags, does not work.

I'll keep testing and see if I can find a fix, but if someone else has, that would be great.
  • i get this on the people.php page // DiscussionTags Table Structure $DatabaseTables['DiscussionTags'] = 'DiscussionTags'; $DatabaseColumns['DiscussionTags']['TagID'] = 'TagID'; $DatabaseColumns['DiscussionTags']['Tag'] = 'Tag'; $DatabaseTables['DiscussionHasTags'] = 'DiscussionHasTags'; $DatabaseColumns['DiscussionHasTags']['TagID'] = 'TagID'; $DatabaseColumns['DiscussionHasTags']['DiscussionID'] = 'DiscussionID'; ?>
  • The errors I'm getting aren't caused by FriendlyURLs or any other extension, so I've deduced that this extension just doesn't like 1.1.4. In addition to getting Hamed's errors in other weird places, there's also a big fat MYSQL join error when clicking on any tag link (as shown here with some privacy edits): Notice: Undefined index: DiscussionHasTags in /home/.path/user/domain.com/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 549 Notice: Undefined index: DiscussionHasTags in /home/.path/user/domain.com/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 80 Notice: Undefined index: DiscussionHasTags in /home/.path/user/domain.com/library/Framework/Framework.Class.SqlBuilder.php on line 263 A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred Technical information (for support personel): Error Message An error occurred while retrieving discussions. Affected Elements DiscussionManager.GetDiscussionList(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'left join LUM_CategoryBlock cb on t.CategoryID = cb.CategoryID and cb.UserID = ' at line 1 For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs I have no clue on how to fix this or update the extension. Any help would be very much appreciated as tags are a big part of my community's functionality.
  • Woooo I fixed it! After removing the entire extension, I found I was still getting Hamed's error. It wasn't anywhere in the database, so it had to have been in the files given write permission. I checked out conf/database.php and apparently the tables were appended AFTER the PHP block closed. All I did was removed the extra ?> and all was go! Hope this helps anyone else who needs it!
  • After click to "View All tags" (extension.php?PostBackAction=DiscussionTags) i see:

Error Message
    The "DiscussionTags" class referenced by "DiscussionTags" does not appear to exist.
    Affected Elements
    ObjectFactory.NewObject();

---------
    All fresh versions. Only "View All tags" don't work.
  • http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=415

Anyone who doesn't find this is right for them - try "TagThis".
  • SheilaSheila ✭✭
    Hi all!

There seems to be minor security issue with this add on. Since there is afaik no way to prevent unauthorized users to see Forum Tags (and why should I, cute teaser ;)).. unauthrized are able to access the search page via clicking a tag. And after landing to the search page, also all the userprofiles are searchable even thou one can't access the actual profile.

edit: Me blonde. This comment was meant to go to TagThis addon thread and seeing Spodes icon in a reply before finalized the mistake :D
    Consider this reply deleted.