Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Hidden Text 2

KrakKrak New
edited March 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hidden Text 2

Comments

• Options
    Any chance you could make this so only those given permission (via roles) can see the hidden text, while it doesn't show to anyone else?
  • Options
    The problem with that is the text is always there. This ext just toggles the css class of the div. So you can always right click, view source, and see the hidden info, or "block comment/user" and see the info.
  • Options
    mattmatt ✭✭
    garvin, i think you should try using whispers
  • Options
    To enable it to be on by default, make the following changes:

Line 23:
    $PreferencesForm->AddPreference('Hidden Text', 'Disable Hide hidden text', 'HideHiddenText', 1);
    (change made was adding the word Disable)

Line 31:
    if (!$Context->Session->User->Preference('HideHiddenText')) {
    (change made was adding the ! infront of context)
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.1 Beta of Hidden Text.
  • Options
    Users seem to have a hard time finding the "unhide" button at first. I think it would be a lot better if the (Hidden) part was actually the link to unhide it.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.2 Beta of Hidden Text.
  • Options
    Kronok, wish granted.
  • Options
    I just installed the new version and I think it's an excellent addition :) Thanks!
  • Options
    i was trying to type hidden text for ages, manually adding the tags to the post. then i realised that you ave to use square brackets - doh! [hide] is the only tag on my board which uses the square brackets, i think it would be much cooler if it was used like this - < hide>spoiler< /hide>. cool, nonetheless.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.3 of Hidden Text.
  • Options
    I rewrote the Readme. Removed the "unhide" link. And removed the beta tag.

The new Readme can be viewed here
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.4 of Hidden Text.
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.4 of Hidden Text.
  • Options
    Uploaded the wrong file, thats why the bot posted twice - whoops.

**NEW**

Added the ability to change the hidden text marker/link. This is the text that is displayed
    as a place holder of what is hidded. Default is "(Hidden)", but now you may change it to anything
    you like. Simply log in as the administrator and go to the settings tab. On the left pane you will
    now see another option - "Change Hidden Text Marker". Click this and enter your desired text.

It has not been thoroughly tested so let me know of any kinks.
  • Options
    Hm. Is there a way to let useres only see hidden text but not use it?
    We want this plugin to seperate offtopic from relevant posts, so when anyone posts offtopic we put the tags round it, but that doesnt make very much sense when the useres got the ability to use it, too :/
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    How awesome! I was just about to request a spoiler extension and found this at the very top of the add-ons page ;p
  • Options
    blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    But the readme is down ;_;
  • Options
    ohnoes! Server was down. Looks like apache decided it wanted to go to sleep. Back up now, thanks for the notice.
  • Options
    monstr: Not at the moment. But as soon as I have some time (busy with moving atm) I will look into it - but no promises.